1:1 Teaching Assistant (Foundation Stage)
(Please Note: Special Educational Needs 1:1 appointments cease when the pupil leaves the school) – immediate start
Part time 15.00 hours per week (9am - 12 noon) (hours to be reviewed annually)
TA1 G3 Point 6 - 9
We are a team with high expectations, innovative ideas and a caring, family ethos. Our school has been judged as ‘Good’ by the National Society of Anglican and Methodist Schools. Our governors are looking to employing a dedicated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join us on our exciting journey.
This is a temporary contract beginning immediately, initially until Wednesday 21st July 2021 to be reviewed regularly, whilst the child remains in school and/or external funding remains in place. Hours of support could change depending on the child’s needs which will be adjusted accordingly. The post is to support a pupil (including personal care) in our Foundation Stage with an Education Health Care Plan. Ideally, our candidates will have the following qualifications, or will have previous experience of working with children with an Education Health Care Plan.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent
- Have English and Maths GCSE
You will be:
- Reflective- keen to develop professionally to provide the best education for our children
- A strong team player
- Able to guide pupils in achieving
- Be caring, flexible, positive, hardworking and able to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Supportive of our Christian Values and Beliefs.
We can offer you:
- Inquisitive pupils
- A friendly and supportive team
- Supportive governors and parents
- A happy, exciting and productive working environment
- Time for you to have a work/life balance.
Unfortunately visits to our school are unable to happen due to the current situation. However please telephone the school for more information about the role.
Application forms and job description can be downloaded from this page.
Closing Date – Friday 9th October
Interviews to be held by Zoom on Wednesday 14th October
Cowbit St Mary’s CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and references taken before interview. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK.