Clerk to Governors
Salary: Grade 4 (Scale Point 9-12) £18,319 - £19,819 pro-rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Appointment Type: Part-time
We currently have a vacancy for a Clerk to Governors to work 130 hours over 52 weeks a year starting as soon as possible.
The Governors of Cowbit St Mary’s (Endowed) Church of England Primary School wish to appoint an organised, reliable and enthusiastic person with the ability to communicate clearly at all levels, to undertake administrative and organisational duties for our Governing Body from November 2018. (First meeting with newly appointed Clerk being on 27th November 2018).
We are seeking an experienced, proactive and professional Clerk to support the work of the Governors, preferably participating in or having completed formal training for Clerks to Governors.
The Clerk is a key role that:
- Proactively provides advice and support to governors on legal, procedural and constitutional matters concerning the governance of the school;
- Provides administrative and organisational support to the governing body including setting the annual meeting schedule, organising meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and updating reference materials;
- Maintains, reviews and updates the Governor pages of the website;
- Follows school procedures regarding confidentiality and acts in a professional manner at all times with regards to information disclosed within the meetings.
- Ensures effective links and communication between the Diocese of Lincoln, Lincolnshire County Council, other relevant organisations and the governing body; and maintains effective governance records in accordance with GDPR requirements.
The Clerk is required to attend all statutory meetings of the Governing Body including Sub Committee meetings during the academic year. These are usually held in the evenings but may take place at other times.
Please Note: Lincolnshire County Council Governor Services are proposing to revise the Clerk to Governors’ job description and are in a period of consultation. The core tasks of the post will remain the same.
Closing Date 29th October 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th November 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment .This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.